Saturday, May 14, 2005

18 weeks

About a couple of weeks ago I went for my 3rd prenatal visit. Another simple and quick visit. I got to hear the baby's heartbeat again with the help of a doppler. It was kinda a scary at first because it took so long to actually find the heartbeat. Anyhow, the baby's heartbeat had dropped to 140 from about 160 from the last visit. I think I have already mentioned that the average range for fetal heartbeat is between 120-160. The doctor also felt my stomach for the position of my uterus. At the time, the top of my uterus was just about an inch or two below my navel. He said that's where he expected it to be. I was also told that it was time to schedule an ultrasound! YAY! So that's where we are now. This Wednesday (the 18th) Kevin and I are going to the office for the ultrasound at 4pm. We are excited to finally "see" the baby for the first time.

I have been told by a couple of people what they think I am having. It's always interesting to hear what they say and their reasons. I think the tally so far is 4 that I am having a boy, and 3 that I am having a girl. haha.....we'll see.

1 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lets hope for a boy so Uncle P can turn him into a little acker. ():-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home