Wednesday, May 18, 2005

19 weeks, 6 days

WELL......as most of you know, today was supposed to be the day that we find out what the sex of this baby was, however, s/he was not cooperating. Just to give you an idea of how the baby was positioned, it was facing outwards with it's head on my left side and it's feet on the right (obviously). So in order to get a good look of the "area" the butt usually has to be up against my belly, and it wasn't. (This is a good site with detailed pictures.) Needless to say, we didn't find out what we are having. The doctor even said that sometimes he can usually get a hunch, but he said that he was stumped and could not say definitely it was a boy or a girl. Of course my next response was, "I hope that since it is not cooperating that this is an indication of how well it will cooperate after birth." haha, no correlations are known :)

But....BUT more importantly we did have confirmation that the baby is healthy and developing "normally". We saw some great pictures of the hands and legs. At one point, it looked as though it was rubbing it's face or something. And as the doctor was finishing up it brought it's hand up again as if to say "goodbye".....little stinker.

Seeing the baby was definitely exciting, I could watch it all day! S/he is moving and kicking around a lot (more noticeably) now. A constant reminder of the joy and fears of raising a child. I will try to put up the ultrasound pictures tomorrow.

I am also considering the 4-D ultrasound, but my doctor doesn't have it in his office and it will be an out-of-pocket expense. Might be just worth it to try so that we can at least have an idea for a name for this baby! Send me suggestions if you have any!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home