Tuesday, April 18, 2006

5k Results

I guess I got my 15 minutes of fame! Check out this picture from the rec sports website. (Yes, that's me in the sunglasses and pink shirt.....thank goodness it wasn't a closeup!!) Check out the results by age group too. It looks as though I came in 15th out of the 51 females. Sweet!

My race number for this event was 73, and oddly enough, I finished 73rd out of 161 participants. Kev, of course, said I should have requested a lower number. haha. If my race number predicted my finish position, then I am in trouble for Nashville, with it's projected 17,500 1/2 marathon participants. ;-)

1 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Velvet, Go Velvet, Go Velvet....you're a STAR!!!! That's pretty cool...at least now I know that you were actually running in a marathon and not just saying that so mom and I would watch your kids so you could tailgate ;-) Just kidding, good job keep it up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home