Sunday, March 26, 2006

7-miler weekend

This weekend I had to conquer a 7-miler. Unfortunately, I had to do it by myself. But the good news is that I did complete it without stopping. I ran on the Huckleberry Trail for the first time in ages. I started out by the NRV mall and turned around just before the trail passes under Rte 460. So yeah, I ran from Christiansburg to Blacksburg.....haha. My actual distance was 7.25 and it took me 1 hour and 11 mins to run it. Not too bad I guess. Putting that time into 1/2 marathon perspective though (which I am constantly doing these days) that makes my estimated finish time to be around 2'11''. geesh!! I don't know whether to be upset about that, or to be happy about finishing the race. There is still about a month of training left so we'll see.

The good news about all this running is the amount of calories you burn. It's estimated that you burn 100 calories for every mile you run. So if I ran over 7 miles, then *hopefully* I burned 700 calories. Ok so now the bad news.....we went to Red Robin and I had just about the greasiest burger (Whiskey River BBQ) in the joint...YUM!! Highly recommend it!! I didn't eat the gi-normous bun and skipped on the mayo so maybe too much damage did not occur. haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home