Monday, May 22, 2006

What A Weekend!

This past weekend has been so busy that I just now have the time to blog about it.

So the main highlight, of course, was celebrating the good ole 5th year wedding anniversary. To give you a recap on the actual day of the anniversary it went something like this:

Wake up, go to work, pick up the kids, drop off a deposit for the company at the bank, go home, feed drew, cook/eat dinner, put drew to sleep at 7pm, then "rest" on the couch at 7:01pm.....ok rest in this case meant accidentally falling asleep on the couch and only waking to move from the couch to the bed. oops.

Not really a celebration, eh? No worries though! The next day proved to be exactly what I wanted to celebrate the occasion!! We had planned to take the kids to their Memere's and let them drive her crazy....er....spend the night! While Kevin drove them over to P'burg, I enjoyed a great run on the Huckleberry. (yes my friends, a 9.25 negative split run CAN be fun!) After which we headed out for a round of golf at The Hill. We then headed over to B-Ws for some cervesa mas fina. After una siesta pequena (ok, enough espanol), we dined at the Summit which was very delicious. We then capped the evening off with a couple of episodes of the Sopranos.

This may not sound too exciting for most people, but the thought of being able to do what we wanted for one day was just relaxing. We are really lucky to have family live close by to allow us to enjoy times like this together.

Kev also surprised me by getting me the one gift that I have wanted for a long time now. It was such an awesome surprise! He's so sneaky!! ;-) I could have had the iPod earlier, if I had stuck to my original game plan. But it was a good motivator so it was pushed back a notch. So now, since I have one, I will have to make sure I shed those 1.5 pounds remaining to officially "earn" it. At least now I can do it to the beat of some great music!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home