Monday, November 06, 2006

Wanna be like Mike...er...Kevin

Do you remember those commercials with Michael Jordan? Instead of wanting to be like Mike, I want to be like Kevin. I have decided to take on a bench press goal. I mentioned it last week, kinda as a joke, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to do it. Without having a general idea of what I could do right now, I told him that it would be cool if I could bench 100 lbs. It just seems like a nice round number. :-)

This morning he got me on the bench to test out my strength. I warmed up with the bar 12 times. easy-peasy. Then he added 10's on both sides and I did 10 or 12, can't remember the number. He added 10 more on both sides, making it 85 total. I pumped out 10, I think. For my last set, he changed out the 10's and replaced them with 25's on both sides. I looked at it, and thought, no way...95 already?? Sure enough, pressed out 5. Yay! I suppose I have to re-evaluate what a good bench press goal should be. (Maybe I will check the k-minnick bench press archives for a recommendation.....hehe!!)

I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and not be able to lift my arms.

2 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're my hero! I love you

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please.... Drew is stronger than Princess.... I have no doubt you can beat him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home