Tuesday, November 01, 2005

True Collectors Get Screwed

As most girls are these days, I am a big fan of Sex and the City. I don't know what it is about the show, but it's like I can't get enough.....almost like an addiction. Last Christmas I received seasons 1-5 on DVD from my father-in-law. I have watched the whole entire set while on maternity leave and just had to buy season 6 yesterday. (Sorry Kev, I know....supposed to be saving the $$, but I couldn't wait until Christmas!!) So I buy season 6 which is actually in two parts. Well today I am watching The Early Show on CBS and found out that there is now a Collector's Edition!! It's supposed to have all this great stuff on it, bonus footage, alternate endings, photos, etc. What are you supposed to do with all the other DVD's?? I guess I could put them up on Ebay so that I can afford the "Collector's Edition". And why do they always do that? You spend the money to get the DVD and then they come out with the "Collector's Edition". That's so unfair! It encourages the collectors to hold off on buying their favorite movie so that they can truly enjoy something created just for them. It happened to us with Pulp Fiction too....and I am just waiting for the same thing to happen with the Harry Potter series. (BTW....Goblet of Fire comes out November 18th!!! Any takers??)

2 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harry Potter! Harry Potter!

You know I am so there. Me and Huey both.

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Star Wars is the same way - there are like 192873921879312 different boxed sets out there. Some have extra footage, some don't, it's insane...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home