Sunday, October 23, 2005

Grotesque Spam

My email hosting company, Webmail.us, appropriately tagged the following email as spam.....and these spammers are the worst. It sickens me to think that falsifying deaths to lure people into helping these spammers get the so-called "fortunes” out of the bank would actually work. I seriously would like to respond to these types of emails with extreme amounts of anger….but you know how that goes. Shame on you "Dr. Musa Sani", but kudos for getting the math right!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From The Desk of Dr.Musa Sani.
Standard Trust Bank Plc,
South Regional,
Headquaters,
No. 22 Bode Thomas Street,
Surulere-Lagos.

Attn: Sir/Madam,

I am Dr. Musa Sani of Standard Trust Bank of Nigeria PLC .I am the Accounts Officer to Mr. Paul Lewis, a foreigner, who used to work with Mobil Oil Explorations Company here in Nigeria.

On the 27th of April 1999, my client, his wife and their only child were involved in a car accident along Eket express road, KM 36 in which my client and the whole family died. Since then, I have made Conscientious inquiries to locate any of my client's relations and this has proved unsuccessful.
Since then the account has be dormant in my Bank.

After these several unsuccessful attempts, what I need from you is to Use you as the next of kin to Mr. Paul the original account owner so that both of us will claim the fund and be less assure that there is no problem in this transaction because I have all the necessary documents to back this claim up and the only thing I need from you, is your total support and honest to make this transaction a successful.

Mr. Paul died intestate leaving valuable properties as well as some Money in Standard Trust Bank plc here. I have therefore, contacted you to cooperate with me to claim the money.

To be precise, my deceased client had $6.0m (Six million, United States
Dollars) in the bank account. I have necessary information and Documents to this deposit. All we need to do is to move this money from his account to a bank account to be nominated by you.

Upon the completion of this transaction which will last few days, you Will be entitled to 40 %( $2,400,000) while I will take the balance.

Reply me by sending your full names, address, phone and fax number for easy communication immediately you receive this mail.

Best Regards,

Dr. Musa Sani

3 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh,

Here's a thought. Why don't we offer emails to all companies in Nigeria for free!? "NIGERIANS COME SIGNUP FOR FREE ACCOUNTS, ALL YOUR SPAMMING NEEDS!".

But what we don't tell them is that none of the emails they send out would actually make it to their destinations. Instead, it'd be routed to other "free" accounts. They'd be spamming EACH OTHER! AHAHAHAHAHA.

Okay back to work. When are you coming back? We miss you =(.

- Huey

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Iìvw got the same spamai..i wich that this "DR" could stop sending those mail and do something useful in his life....

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got the same spam mail from the famous doctor... I think that this famous "DR" should do something more useful of his life than sending those rediculus & childish mails..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home