Friday, October 21, 2005

Run With Me

(No, this is not a tribute to the Doors!)

I started running on Monday for the first time since my pregnancy….ok, maybe the first time in a year. At first I was just going to do the walking thing to start getting back into shape, but walking seems too easy. So on the first day I rev up my treadmill to a speed that requires me to do a slight jog. It was the strangest feeling trying to get into the proper movements and breathing patterns. But before too long I felt like I was regaining the technique. Yes, there is a technique. I ran cross-country and track in high school (10 years ago!!) and it’s hard to believe that I used to be able to run 10 miles in a single practice. On Monday, I got to 1.25 miles and I thought I was dying. My main goal is to do at least 30 min of cardio 3-5 times a week. Yesterday was the 3rd day of working out and I am happy to report that I was able to get almost 2 miles in 30 mins. I probably would have pushed for the 2 mile mark, but Jordan discovered I was downstairs and wanted to try the treadmill herself.

We’ll see where the running takes me….who knows, I could be running in a 5k race soon. ;-)

1 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger Jilian said...

You should join our Jingle Bell 5K team! http://jinglebellrunroanoke.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=120069 We're the MISFIT TOYS. (I work upstairs - found your blog through Pat's)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home