Monday, December 12, 2005

Snowshoe

Kevin and I just returned from Snowshoe this weekend and it was such a blast!! We stayed at the Rimfire Lodge and it had to be in the best location on the resort. It had an underground parking garage and ski lockers so that we didn't have to carry our skis all the way to our room. The room had a gas log fireplace, a balcony over-looking the village and a full kitchen. The room was perfect! The skiing conditions were absolutely amazing. Friday night was rather cold and they were making snow, so riding the lifts was a little frigid. But Saturday was perfect! The temperature was great (even got a little warm!) and the slopes weren't too crowded. There were prob too many snowboarders than I normally would like to see out there, but still, not too bad. It was Demo Days this weekend, so they had a ton of vendors out showing their stuff. I thought I try snowboarding, but decided against it. Then I thought I would try some shorter, more shaped skis, but after the Rossignol vendor “de-burred” my personal skis I was once again in love with them and didn’t want to take the time to fill out the form to demo another pair.

The worst part about Snowshoe, is of course, the drive. It takes about 4 hours for us to get there. I wish it was so much closer so that we could make a day trip out of it and go more often….but oh well. And of course after you go for the first time during the season, you just want to keep going back! And coincidently, as I am writing this blog, my friend Jil invited Kev and I to an extended weekend getaway at snowshoe in February……hmmmmm……… :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home