Monday, September 24, 2007

Just When I Thought Quiznos Was Expensive

BTW - I haven't blogged in 2 months, so this story would make more sense if I posted the blog "K is for Kindergarten!"... oops! :-)

So I had lunch with Jordan today and thought it would be a great idea to buy a school lunch. You know, set the example, prove that school food is good, blah blah blah.

Ok, not only was it horrible, it was expensive. I had breaded fish sticks, fries, peas, a roll and a milk. The fish sticks were the worst things ever. Honestly, I don't think there was any fish in the bread. The fries - cold and rubbery. I guess they are still baking those things for a 'healthier' alternative. The peas and the roll were actually pretty good.

I go through the line and expect that with the amount of money I knew I had to pay I would receive almost double of everything. Wrong. My tray of food, which was the exact same in quantity as Jordan's, was $1.40 more. Can you believe that? Had I known that my serving size was going to be no different that Jordan's, I would have made her go through the line to get another tray of food and I would have saved $1.40!

At least Quiznos is a little bit more satisfying.

1 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger Jilian said...

A - Good to see a blog.

B - WOW :) I can't stand paying a lot for food - especially bad food. Doesn't matter if it's a white tablecloth restaurant or the school cafeteria - it bothers me!

C - So does this mean J now gets homemade lunches?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home