Monday, July 17, 2006

A New Sport For Me?

Webmail.us now has a recreation softball team! We will be playing in the Blacksburg B-Rec League. It's going to be great! I myself have not really played softball on a team before. I have been around it for ages though. I haven't told my Mom that Kevin & I are playing. I think she will forever hold softball as part of the reason for the divorce of her and my Dad. :-(

Kev bought me some gear this past Saturday and we went out to a softball field to do some practicing. We threw some, then he hit some grounders and fly balls to me. The whole time I was having flashbacks of my Dad. ha! If only I was as good as him!

So here's what I got from Play-It-Again Sports:

Mizuno GFN1206 Finch Franchise Series 12" Fastpitch Glove

Mizuno Finch Batting Gloves (yes, they have pink in them! ;-)

Worth SuperCell2 Softball Bat (34/30 & used)

12" 47 core softball

And I am currently bidding for these: Mizuno Finch 9-Spike Low Fastpitch Softball Cleats.

I have never heard of Jennie Finch until Saturday. Thanks for filling me in Kev! Maybe with all the Finch gear I now have I will be able to play like her! hahaha!!

Let's go Web Sox!!

2 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger Jilian said...

umm.... I hope I can use my 15 year old toy store softball glove, and my soccer cleats..... can I borrow your gloves??? hmmm - you are going to look the part at least.... while I'll just look outta place :)

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gheez...what's the world coming to with you and all these outdoor motivations..good for you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home