Thursday, November 09, 2006

Graveyard Shift and Turning 100

Kev and I didn't have a babysitter for today to watch Drew who is still getting over his disease. (haha....the disease isn't really that big of a deal. It's hand/foot/mouth disease. He has a mild case of it and you wouldn't think he has a virus by looking at him.) Anyhow, he has to be out of daycare until it clears up because it's contagious. We couldn't get a babysitter for today and the only way that we could both get to work (and actually get something done) was for one of us to come in super-duper early.

I offered to go in early because I am the nicest wife in the entire world. ;-) Actually, I wanted to come in as early as possible because I can get a lot of stuff done without the interruptions. Jordan and I headed off to bed around 8:45pm. I set my alarm for 4am. Around 2am I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep despite my efforts of trying. At 2:30am I said to myself that it wasn't worth it to go back to sleep and decided to go into work.

On my to work I realized that I didn't have my card key to get into the building. Luckily, my company has 24/7 support and I was able to call our support line and leave a message for them to prop open the door for me. ;-)

Here I am, at work, waiting for my extremely slow accounting software (aka - QuickBooks) to load invoices. If family were not an issue, I would definitely consider the graveyard shift. It's amazing how much you can get done with no one around!

This post also marks the 100th post for my blog. You will not be showered with confetti as I turned that option off in blogger. :-P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home